Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ????? ???! ~? ?? ? ???~
Hobbitcon, 30 March - 1 April 2013, Bonn, Germany - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 4:08 pm by genyamu

» Mana Khemia 2: Fall Of Alchemy (PS2)
Hobbitcon, 30 March - 1 April 2013, Bonn, Germany - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 3:52 pm by genyamu

» Psp Tekken 6 K Iso
Hobbitcon, 30 March - 1 April 2013, Bonn, Germany - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 6:06 am by gloche

» Kili
Hobbitcon, 30 March - 1 April 2013, Bonn, Germany - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 2:40 am by lew lew652

» Hobbitcon, 30 March - 1 April 2013, Bonn, Germany
Hobbitcon, 30 March - 1 April 2013, Bonn, Germany - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 12:16 pm by Fili-Heir of Durin

» Silmarillion/The Children of Hurin
Hobbitcon, 30 March - 1 April 2013, Bonn, Germany - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 6:57 pm by AtomicLeo

» The Snobbit
Hobbitcon, 30 March - 1 April 2013, Bonn, Germany - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 4:19 pm by AtomicLeo

» Hobbit Books
Hobbitcon, 30 March - 1 April 2013, Bonn, Germany - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 4:12 pm by AtomicLeo

» Happy Birthday
Hobbitcon, 30 March - 1 April 2013, Bonn, Germany - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 6:55 pm by AtomicLeo

Statistics
We have 39 registered users
The newest registered user is volemalac

Our users have posted a total of 1397 messages in 119 subjects
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Hobbitcon, 30 March - 1 April 2013, Bonn, Germany

+4
AKingsWife
aBeardedWoman
Dyla Vyrana
Huitzil
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Hobbitcon, 30 March - 1 April 2013, Bonn, Germany - Page 2 Empty Hobbitcon, 30 March - 1 April 2013, Bonn, Germany

Post by Huitzil Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:21 pm

First topic message reminder :

So I was wondering if anyone was going? I've only ever been to one convention in my life but it was amazing. Seems like these people have a good history from running a LOTR Ringcon once a year.

Plus, 10 of the dwarves have already confirmed appearances, including fan favourites Fili and Kili!

More info here.... http://www.hobbitcon.de/index.php/en/
Huitzil
Huitzil
User
User

Motto : E conchis omnia

Back to top Go down

Hobbitcon, 30 March - 1 April 2013, Bonn, Germany - Page 2 Empty Re: Hobbitcon, 30 March - 1 April 2013, Bonn, Germany

Post by AKingsWife Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:10 pm

You are not a fan of Dean? :o
And yes, I'll try to get an autograph of Adam and James for you. :)
AKingsWife
AKingsWife
User
User

Motto : Loyalty, honor, a willing heart. I can ask no more than that.

Back to top Go down

Hobbitcon, 30 March - 1 April 2013, Bonn, Germany - Page 2 Empty Re: Hobbitcon, 30 March - 1 April 2013, Bonn, Germany

Post by Pure-Maiden7 Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:11 pm

aBeardedWoman wrote:i'm in similar situation, don't worry laugh

But youuurrrr an aduuuult! You can go annnyywheerrreeee! *moans* oh [sorry for moaning but just expressing my feelings]
Pure-Maiden7
Pure-Maiden7
User
User

Motto : Be a pocket full of sunshine today (*´ω`*)

Back to top Go down

Post by aBeardedWoman Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:12 pm

it's complicated, let's leave it. i can't. period. (well, not as i'm aware, maybe something could change next year)
aBeardedWoman
aBeardedWoman
Admin
Admin

Motto : I wish you all the luck in the world!

https://www.facebook.com/kate.mostowska

Back to top Go down

Post by Huitzil Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:25 pm

Pure-Maiden7 wrote:Becauuuuuuuse *takes deeep breath*

I can never go places outside England [or Birmingham for that matter], I'm too young to go anywhere without an adult for a start, Its so annoying nothing BIG happens about the Hobbit in England considering Tolkien is English and to make matters more annoying the premier for the hobbit in England is in London! But Birmingham is where Tolkien grew up and was from [and Where I'm from] so why cant the england premier be in brimingham or have something of the Hobbit celebrated in Birmingham!? UGGHH! I'm so annoyed that I cant do ANYTHING to celebrate it! [Except buy merchandise online and obviously WATCH the film which I am greatful for!]

Heeeee Hoooooo heeeee hoooo..... I think I'm ok now.
Thankyou for listening.

My friends and I were also discussing the lack of Hobbit related shenanigans in England. I love down South but I'm not going to London for the premier as its going to be nuts there!

I don't know how you go about getting a convention together (with famous people and such) but you can always just arrange to meet up with people somewhere through a board like this, and then at least you can hang out with a whole bunch of fans (which is really the best part of a convention anyway!)
Huitzil
Huitzil
User
User

Back to top Go down

Post by Pure-Maiden7 Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:27 pm

Huitzil wrote:
Pure-Maiden7 wrote:Becauuuuuuuse *takes deeep breath*

I can never go places outside England [or Birmingham for that matter], I'm too young to go anywhere without an adult for a start, Its so annoying nothing BIG happens about the Hobbit in England considering Tolkien is English and to make matters more annoying the premier for the hobbit in England is in London! But Birmingham is where Tolkien grew up and was from [and Where I'm from] so why cant the england premier be in brimingham or have something of the Hobbit celebrated in Birmingham!? UGGHH! I'm so annoyed that I cant do ANYTHING to celebrate it! [Except buy merchandise online and obviously WATCH the film which I am greatful for!]

Heeeee Hoooooo heeeee hoooo..... I think I'm ok now.
Thankyou for listening.

My friends and I were also discussing the lack of Hobbit related shenanigans in England. I love down South but I'm not going to London for the premier as its going to be nuts there!

I don't know how you go about getting a convention together (with famous people and such) but you can always just arrange to meet up with people somewhere through a board like this, and then at least you can hang out with a whole bunch of fans (which is really the best part of a convention anyway!)

That does sound super fun! I shall think about it! ;D
Pure-Maiden7
Pure-Maiden7
User
User

Motto : Be a pocket full of sunshine today (*´ω`*)

Back to top Go down

Post by AtomicLeo Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:13 am

AKingsWife wrote:Of course, I'll help you! :)
"Let's hunt some orcs!" = "Lasst uns ein paar Orks jagen." ;)

Unfortunately I don't live near Bonn but I hope that the father of a friend can drive us or I'll take the train.
Bonn is pretty close to me. I could go. But I have to ask my parents. We actually wanted to go to RingCon too. But the tix coast over 40€.
AtomicLeo
AtomicLeo
User
User

Motto : No Zul, no fun.

Back to top Go down

Post by Huitzil Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:04 am

Pure-Maiden7 wrote:

That does sound super fun! I shall think about it! ;D

Well if you organise anything in Birmingham, I'll come - I've never been to Birmingham! :)
Huitzil
Huitzil
User
User

Back to top Go down

Post by Huitzil Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:06 am

AtomicLeo wrote:
AKingsWife wrote:Of course, I'll help you! :)
"Let's hunt some orcs!" = "Lasst uns ein paar Orks jagen." ;)

Unfortunately I don't live near Bonn but I hope that the father of a friend can drive us or I'll take the train.
Bonn is pretty close to me. I could go. But I have to ask my parents. We actually wanted to go to RingCon too. But the tix coast over 40€.

That's the only trouble, its a lot of money, and I'm already saving to go to Japan and New Zealand!

Sorry, that probably sounds like I'm rich, but we're just making the most of having money whilst me and the husband are both working, before we have kids!
Huitzil
Huitzil
User
User

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyla Vyrana Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:07 pm

You're not backing out of it, are you Sarah? cry
Dyla Vyrana
Dyla Vyrana
Mod
Mod

Motto : May the stars protect you and the moon guide your way

Back to top Go down

Post by Huitzil Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:29 pm

Dyla Vyrana wrote:You're not backing out of it, are you Sarah? Hobbitcon, 30 March - 1 April 2013, Bonn, Germany - Page 2 1805953252

Nope, I am all for it! I've worked out the rest of the costings, and they are fine - Just need to fine somewhere to stay!

Hopefully a couple of my friends can come as well, but if not I'll just come on my own (although will need to find someone to share a room with when I get there). I'd rather travel with people, but I've been to Canada and Costa Rica on my own before, so I can think I can manage Germany :)
Huitzil
Huitzil
User
User

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyla Vyrana Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:39 pm

Well, if you and I are the only ones going, we could share a room! yeah
Dyla Vyrana
Dyla Vyrana
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Huitzil Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:01 pm

Dyla Vyrana wrote:Well, if you and I are the only ones going, we could share a room! Hobbitcon, 30 March - 1 April 2013, Bonn, Germany - Page 2 3458505197

Works for me!! Hobbitcon, 30 March - 1 April 2013, Bonn, Germany - Page 2 3920004554
Huitzil
Huitzil
User
User

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyla Vyrana Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:33 pm

YAY!!! bunny
Dyla Vyrana
Dyla Vyrana
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Huitzil Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:44 pm

Dyla Vyrana wrote:YAY!!! Hobbitcon, 30 March - 1 April 2013, Bonn, Germany - Page 2 1144035739

LOL You used the dancing bunny!!, I really want to use that smilie but I'm saving it for a special occasion!
Huitzil
Huitzil
User
User

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyla Vyrana Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:48 pm

Yep - I'm getting jiggy with it!!!
Dyla Vyrana
Dyla Vyrana
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarthia Buthergia Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:52 pm

I would love to go to HobbitCon but I guess I won't be able to save up 99euros... I would drive there (I have a car and i've done a lot of over-night cross-Europe journeys), I would even sleep in the car and pack the food with me to lower the cost... Maybe I'd go there if someone car-pooled with me...
As I'm thinking more 'bout it, it might not be such a bad idea to go there. I need some adventure and I'd like to meet new people who love Hobbit...
*deep thinking*
Scarthia Buthergia
Scarthia Buthergia
User
User

Motto : Honor, loyalty, a willing heart

Back to top Go down

Post by Fili-Heir of Durin Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:49 pm

It's sure, I'll be at HobbitCon this Easter.

Have my ticket and the hotel is saved too.

For many years I'm at RingCon and enjoy it every year new to meet old and even new friends.
It makes me happy that some of you here decided to come there too.

I would be known by wearing most of the time the costume you see at my avatar.
And maybe other costumes.

At your service if you have questions to an old "RingConnie" ;-)
Fili-Heir of Durin
Fili-Heir of Durin
User
User

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarthia Buthergia Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:07 pm

I want to go to HobbitCon so badly since I decided to go.
As you offered that you'll answer some questions we newbies might have I'd like to step forward and ask:

Is it possible to park a car nearby the location of HobbitCon, or how much does a parking cost? (I think I'd have to drive there since I'll have to be at work on Tuesday after the end of HobbitCon)
I've never been to anything like that, what do you recommend I take with me? (I went to few open air music festivals though)
What is the furthest time to buy the ticket?
What language will it be moderated in? Will there be enything in english?
What does it even look like, being at HobbitCon?

There are hundreds of questions I have in my mind but they just seem to slip from the tip of my tongue. Thank you in advance for any kind of advice you'd give me. I always wanted to go to RingCon, but was either too young or too poor so this is the first time I actually have a chance to meet someone who loves Middle-Earth as much as I do, which is a great pleasure and honor to me.

Well I hope we'll meet there!
BTW. As I'll be driving, if you happen to know anyone who'd need a lift to Bonn, you can contact me. I'll have four spare seets and I'll be passing Nürnberg, Würzburg and Frankfurt.
Scarthia Buthergia
Scarthia Buthergia
User
User

Back to top Go down

Post by Fili-Heir of Durin Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:40 pm

Sorry for not answering immediately ... Have worked on my costume again

But now to the questions:

Scarthia Buthergia wrote:
Is it possible to park a car nearby the location of HobbitCon, or how much does a parking cost? (I think I'd have to drive there since I'll have to be at work on Tuesday after the end of HobbitCon)
I've never been to anything like that, what do you recommend I take with me? (I went to few open air music festivals though)
It is possible to park the car nearby in the garage of the Maritim Hotel, but you have to pay for it (as I remember it's 5 Euro/day for the Con)
If you don't want to take the hotel garage, you could have the chance to park outside in the streets around the hotel. But the parking places are not so much or will be be occupied very early.
To get a parking place outside the garage depends from when you arrive.

Scarthia Buthergia wrote:What is the furthest time to buy the ticket?
The earlier you get the ticket the better.
Tickets for HobbitCon will only be sold online.
http://www.hobbitcon.de/index.php/en/ticket-shop-en

Scarthia Buthergia wrote:What language will it be moderated in? Will there be enything in english?
The panels and shows will be moderated in english all the time.
If some would be in german you surely find one who is able to interpret it to you in english.

Scarthia Buthergia wrote:What does it even look like, being at HobbitCon?
If I understand your question right you want to know how to dress at the con.
You can wear your costume or normal cloth...as you wish.

Scarthia Buthergia wrote:There are hundreds of questions I have in my mind but they just seem to slip from the tip of my tongue. Thank you in advance for any kind of advice you'd give me. I always wanted to go to RingCon, but was either too young or too poor so this is the first time I actually have a chance to meet someone who loves Middle-Earth as much as I do, which is a great pleasure and honor to me.
I hope I can help with answering the questions you told me....and feel free to ask more...

Scarthia Buthergia wrote:Well I hope we'll meet there!
BTW. As I'll be driving, if you happen to know anyone who'd need a lift to Bonn, you can contact me. I'll have four spare seets and I'll be passing Nürnberg, Würzburg and Frankfurt.

I think we meet there surely.
If I know someone who needs passage to Bonn I'll tell it to you.
Myself is driving from Nürnberg passing Würzburg, Köln, Burscheid...
Fili-Heir of Durin
Fili-Heir of Durin
User
User

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarthia Buthergia Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:20 am

So people, since HobbitCon is almost upon us (yes, two weeks!) I wonder how many of you are really coming? I am, got the ticket, am making the costume, found some people to sleep over at (since money is a big issue, but not big enough to keep me from going). So who will I meet?
Since this is my first big Con (was at a Star Trek Con, but it was much smaller) I'm kinda worried (scared) and would like to have someone to show me the way around!
Thankies and am looking forward to seeing you there guys!
Scarthia Buthergia
Scarthia Buthergia
User
User

Back to top Go down

Post by Fili-Heir of Durin Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:59 am

Scarthia Buthergia wrote:So people, since HobbitCon is almost upon us (yes, two weeks!) I wonder how many of you are really coming? I am, got the ticket, am making the costume, found some people to sleep over at (since money is a big issue, but not big enough to keep me from going). So who will I meet?
Since this is my first big Con (was at a Star Trek Con, but it was much smaller) I'm kinda worried (scared) and would like to have someone to show me the way around!
Thankies and am looking forward to seeing you there guys!

You must not be worried/scared.
As I told before I'll be there at the Con.
I'm at the Maritim from Thursday till Tuesday and have a room there with a friend of mine.
So you could meet two people who are very familiar with those type of Con.
I'm sure, we'll meet each other and you would know me by my costume. happy
Don't be shy to ask me, if you see me there.
What costume will you wear, so it would be possible to me to recognize you.
Fili-Heir of Durin
Fili-Heir of Durin
User
User

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarthia Buthergia Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:26 am

Hello and thanks for the kind reply! I know I shouldn't worry, but that'S the way I am :/ Silly freak-o :D

I think you can guess what costume I'll wear - Fili. Well, adapted and inspired Fili costume, since I have no idea whether I'll finish it in time. It's my first time doing costume like this. So I'll be wearing a lot of fur (fur leg-warmers, fur belt, fur scabbard - you get the picture) a probably won't look like Fili at all. Hehe.

Wow! You stay at Maritim hotel! Awesome. I just asked people to lend me a floor space and if that won't work, I'll sleep in the car or something. Gonna be fun.

I'm so looking forward to being there. And meeting all the amazing people there. YAY!
Scarthia Buthergia
Scarthia Buthergia
User
User

Back to top Go down

Post by Fili-Heir of Durin Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:16 pm

Oh ... I'm kind most of the time I meet people. grin

So when I see a little furry one, it could be you. Right?
Don't hesitate to appeal to me if you see me at the con.

Since years I'm with a friend at the Maritim. It's easier when I want to change costume or have a little rest.
And at this con I'll take the workshop from Ben Schamma with me, so I think I'll need some rest by time. Haven't worked with a stuntteam yet, but I'm happy about I decided for it.

I know there'll be many amazing people and we'll meet old and new friends there.

and now I have to work more on the costume or it won't be ready by time. woohoo
Fili-Heir of Durin
Fili-Heir of Durin
User
User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum